HANDS-ON WORK: TEACHING & ASSISTING
- Yoga teacher: RYT-200 moving toward an E-RYT (experienced registered yoga teacher) designation, and making plans to obtain RYT-500 credentials.
- Program Assistant, Eldercare: I support the director in an Adult Day Program at Camano Center. Our program serves people with full-time, at-home care; we have a specialization in ailments that trigger dementia.
WRITING & EDITING:I dedicated half of my writing and editing career-path to health-and-wellness content serving an East Coast nonprofit as well as a Seattle-based medical-content company.
NONPROFIT FREELANCE WORK:
- Authored the Guide to Understanding Yoga and Breast Cancer, an indepth brochure that breast cancer patients ordered 8,000 times; that had more than 150,000 views online.
- Served as a steady copyeditor, fine-tuning the content in transcripts of onsite events. Transcripts included technical medical information, that was prepared for a consumer-readership.
- Authored the online glossary for LBBC.